Zookeeper for a Day
If you're looking for a more intimate experience with the animals at the Desert Museum, then a Behind-the-Scenes tour with one of the Museum's animal keepers is just the ticket!
Spend your morning working with a Zookeeper in the Mammalogy and Ornithology Department. Assist with feeding and cleaning exhibits while learning natural history and husbandry of some of the Sonoran Desert's indigenous species.
- Offered every other Saturday (see schedule below)
- Tour is $175 per person in addition to regular admission price. Price includes lunch at the Ironwood Restaurant. Participants must be 16 years of age or older. No coupons or discounts are valid for this tour.
- Tour starts promptly at 7 a.m. and lasts until 11 a.m. Guests should gather at the front entrance at 6:45 a.m.
- Participants must be at least 16 yrs of age, able to navigate potentially rough terrain and willing to work in all kinds of weather.
- Tour is limited to 2 people only due to the nature of the tour.
- Dress comfortably for the day and weather. Please wear jeans, appropriate sleeved shirts and comfortable closed-toed shoes. (No tank tops, cut-offs, or flip-flops.)
Participants are expected to follow all rules and instructions of the staff. Anyone not following instructions may be asked to leave the program without refund. While every effort will be made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality this cannot always be achieved. (The behind the scenes areas are not handicapped accessible.) Please ask before purchasing.
Purchase Tickets Online
Have you received a discount code for our Beind the Scenes tours? If so, enter the code in the box below and click 'Apply' to see the discounted prices:
Please select the number of tickets you require for the appropriate date(s):
Member Signup - $175.00 per person (MUST bring Membership Card)
Non-member Signup - $189.50 per person (includes admission price)
Not a member? Become one today!