Reptiles, Amphibians & Invertebrates Tour
If you're looking for a more intimate experience with the animals at the Desert Museum, then a Behind-the-Scenes tour with one of the Museum's animal keepers is just the ticket!
This behind-the-scenes tour is especially great for children because the keepers make an extra effort to engage children and teach them about desert reptiles, amphibians, and invertebrates. Kids are encouraged to touch and hold various desert species with an emphasis on understanding their habitats, adaptive behaviors and survival skills. Bring your cameras for priceless up-close photos of your kids experiencing some amazing creatures!
Discover how the animals are cared for, view animal collections not visible to daily visitors, and experience behaviors of animals during feedings. You'll also learn about the Museum's conservation programs.
- Tours are offered on Fridays at 10 a.m. and last 1 hour.
- The tour is $35 per person in addition to general admission price.
- Discount coupons are not valid for the general admission portion of the tour.
- While children 15 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult (18+), this tour is recommended for children.
- Tickets may be purchased on-line (by 4 p.m. the day prior to the tour) or at the ticket windows by 9:30 a.m. on the day of the tour.
- Tours are limited to 8 guests.
- Tours start promptly at the Front Patio and end at Taylor Plaza.
- Tours are fully accessible via wheelchair and scooter.
- Some behind-the-scenes areas are not available to service animals.
Purchase Tickets Online
Have you received a discount code for our Beind the Scenes tours? If so, enter the code in the box below and click 'Apply' to see the discounted prices:
Please select the number of tickets you require for the appropriate date(s):