If you're looking for a more intimate experience with the animals at the Desert Museum, then a Behind-the-Scenes tour with one of the Museum's animal keepers is just the ticket!
Experience the antics of multiple hummingbird species in this behind-the-scenes walk with a Keeper before the Museum opens to the public. Experience the magic of these magnificent miniature marvels as they zip and zoom around you. You'll learn about identifying different species, the birds' biology, and the care necessary to maintain these delicate winged wonders. Feeding the hummingbirds is part of the experience so plan on being completely mesmerized by these fabulous fliers!
Bring your cameras as the birds seem to pose for photos and this is a fantastic opportunity for photographers seeking a more an intimate experience with these tiny treasures. And if you wear a bright color the birds will be attracted to you so you may experience an even closer peek!
- Offered Mondays-Thursdays Fall through Spring.
- The Tour cost is $35 per person in addition to regular admission price. No general admission discounts are valid for tour.
- Ticket sales are by online reservation only. Tickets must be purchased by 4 p.m. on the day prior to the tour.
- This tour takes place one-half hour before the Museum opens. In order to maximize the experience, please meet on the front patio at 7:45 a.m. for Oct-Feb tours, 6:45 a.m. for Mar-Apr tours.
- Tour is limited to ten guests.
- Tour is fully accessible via wheelchair and scooter.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Purchase Tickets Online
Have you received a discount code for our Beind the Scenes tours? If so, enter the code in the box below and click 'Apply' to see the discounted prices:
Please select the number of tickets you require for the appropriate date(s):
Member Signup - $35.00 per person (MUST bring Membership Card)
Non-member Signup - $49.50 per person (includes admission price)
Not a member? Become one today!