Walk on the Wild Side
If you're looking for a more intimate experience with the animals at the Desert Museum, then a Behind-the-Scenes tour with one of the Museum's animal keepers is just the ticket!
The Desert Museum is home to 230 animal and bird species native to the Sonoran Desert. From desert grasslands, to riparian corridors, to mountain woodlands, a variety of habits house the amazing animals that call this region "home".
On this tour you'll visit Cat Canyon, Sheep Mountain and other environments. You'll learn about many desert dwellers, have an opportunity to feed treats to some of the Museum's furry friends and experience what it's like to be a Keeper. Learn, laugh, and leap on this opportunity. And have your cameras ready!
- Offered Thursdays only at 10:30 a.m. (check-in at 10:15 a.m.)
- Tour is $35 per person in addition to regular admission price.
- Offered to anyone ages 7 and above.
- No general admission discounts are valid for the tour.
- Tickets may be purchased on-line (by 4 p.m. the day before the tour) or at the ticket windows by 10 a.m. on the day of the tour.
- Check in at the Ticket Windows upon arrival.
- Tours are limited to 10 guests.
- The tour is fully accessible via wheelchair and scooter.
- Some behind-the-scenes areas are not available to service animals.
Purchase Tickets Online
Have you received a discount code for our Beind the Scenes tours? If so, enter the code in the box below and click 'Apply' to see the discounted prices:
Please select the number of tickets you require for the appropriate date(s):